Pinetree PTA Board Positions
- To be on the Executive Board, you must have been a PTA member the prior school year
- To serve as PTA President, you must have been on the PTA Executive Board in a prior school year.
- organizes and facilitates the various PTA meetings throughout the year and
- if time permits, represents Pinetree at the district PTA meetings
- is generally the ‘point’ person for communicating with the Principal and school office manager, and therefore has first-hand information regarding any changes or issues related to the school
- has direct input on how the PTA spends its funds
- this is a great position to get to know the office staff, teachers, Principal and the many volunteers for the PTA
- performs all financial accounting of the PTA including its membership fees and program profits
- receives and deposits money and disburses it according to the approved yearly budget
- presents a proposed budget for approval at the May General Meeting and closes the books at the end of each year
- files tax returns and other government forms
- the past Treasurer serves in an advisory capacity to the newly elected Treasurer when needed
- reminds board of upcoming meetings through email and collects agenda items
- prepares and photocopies agenda for meetings
- brings sign in sheet to meetings to record members present at meetings
- brings up previous months agendas at meetings for approval
- takes notes at meetings of important points and then types those out in a set format and distributes through email to board
- looks over bank statements to verify input/output of expenses
- keeps a print-out copy of all agendas and minutes in binder
- Communicates with Pinetree parents via the PTA website regarding PTA events, as well as general school and district information
- Maintains the PTA website and keeps content up to date
- Manages the writing of the Pioneer News email newsletter and other parent communications when needed
- Oversees the PTA School Year Calendar and updates as needed
- Addresses questions that Pinetree parents submit via the website, directing them to the appropriate board member if necessary
- Encourages families to sign up for the PTA by raising awareness about the benefits of PTA membership to the school, as well as to students and their families
- Has a presence at the Back to School Open House and Back to School Social to provide parents with information about PTA membership
- Helps coordinate publication and distribution Membership events and contests
- Recruits and coordinates with committee owners who support fundraising – Box Tops and Labels for Education
- Manages fall fundraising campaign
- Works with the Treasurer to track and validates Fundraising budget line items
- Provides tax documentation to donors, where applicable, for charitable contributions made to the Pinetree PTA
- Coordinates with the VP of Communications to update the Pinetree PTA website on all fundraising activities and affiliate promotions
- Manages major PTA events including Harvest Festival, School Dances and Bingo for Books
- Recruits chairs for each of the program committees
- Provides support for program chairs and their volunteers throughout the year.
- Captures, assembles and preserves record of activities and achievements of a PTA
- Collects volunteer hours for PTA meetings and events
- Completes and submits the PTA Unit-Annual Historian Report to council/district PTA
- Review and study the bylaws and standing rules annually. If changes are required, ask the president to appoint a committee for this review. Proposed amendments are approved by the executive board, then submitted through council (if in council) and district PTA channels to the state parliamentarian for approval prior to adoption at an association meeting.
- Verify the PTA council (if in council) and district PTA have a current copy of the unit’s bylaws.
- Encourage attendance at trainings on parliamentary procedures and/or bylaw workshops when offered by the California State PTA, district PTA or council (if in council).
- Prepares and oversees complete audit process of the PTA financials and bank records.
- Audits are performed at the times specified in the bylaws (Article VI, Section 8). Books must be audited semi-annually and at any time a financial officer resigns or no longer serves in that position.
Academic Olympics Coordinator - Organizes fall survivor style event and arranges for volunteers, setup and take down
Book Fair - Organizes with board on scheduled time and works with outside vendor to coordinate setup/dismantle along with scheduling volunteers to run the fair
Box Tops - Collects box tops from school teachers and prepares for shipping to collector. Also arranges school contests to encourage participation.
Celebrations Around The World Coordinator - Organizes with board on scheduled time and coordinates volunteers, distirbution material and overall running of the event
Chili Cook-off Coordinator - Organizes with board on scheduled time and coordinates volunteers, distirbution material and overall running of the event
Holiday Shop - Organizes with board on scheduled time and works with outside vendor to coordinate setup/dismantle along with scheduling volunteers to run the shop
Hospitality - Arranges for food delivery including setup/cleanup for certain events at the school including Teacher Appreciation Week, Parent/Teacher Conferences, etc.
Movie Night Coordinator - Works with board to choose movies and coordinates crafts, snacks and setup/cleanup.
Reflections - Coordinates the National PTA Reflections program in our school, distributing registration forms, promoting the program and annual theme, finding judges to select projects that go on to the District for further competition. Organizing recognition for the participants.
Restaurant Night Coordinator - Coordinates with local restaurants to develop fundraiser nights. This includes creating and distributing flyers for each event and arranging the settlement with the restaurant.
Room Parent Coordinator - Works with the teachers and their student's parents to arrange a room parent for each classroom and gathers contact information to arrange parties and events throughout the year.
Spiritwear - Coordinates the design, production and sales of that year's spiritwear.
Yearbook - Coordinates with vendor on contract, takes pictures at events throughout the year and develops the yearbook using vendor's online platform. Also, distributed and oversees yearbook sales throughout the year.
5th Grade Committee - Works with 6th Grade Teachers to coordinate the 6th Grade Promotion Ceremony
6th Grade Committee - Works with the board and the 6th Grade Teachers/Room Parents to coordinate all 6th Grade Activities/Fundraisers including Harvest Festival 6th Grade Food Booth, Holiday Party, Greek Week, Six Flags Trip, T-Shirt contest and selling, etc.