Back to School Night / First PTA Meeting
Our first PTA Meeting will be held Thursday, August 24th at 6:00pm in the MPR. We encourage everyone to come out and learn more about what the Pinetree PTA does for our Pioneers. It will be followed by Pinetree's Back to School Night from 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
Coffee with the Principal
The first Coffee with the Principal session will be held on this Wednesday, August 16th at 8:00am in the office. It's great way to learn about all the exciting things coming to Pinetree and keep updated on the changes in your Pioneer's curriculum.
Our new Pinetree spiritwear will be ready at the beginning of the school year. This year's design features the symbolic Pinetree with our Pioneer's core standards along with our pesky mascot Pete peaking from behind.
Shirts will be $12 each for sizes XS-XL but we're bring back our great deal of 2 for $20. 2XL are $14.50 and 3XL are $15.00. They will come in Heather Grey and Kelly Green
Orders forms will be going home in your welcome packets or you can order online once you receive your Pioneer's teacher. Don't forget to have your students wear their spirit wear or school colors every Friday and show their Pinetree Pioneer Pride!
Click HERE for the online payment link to pay by credit/debit card or download the order form HERE to pay by cash/check
THE FORCE IS STRONG AT PINETREE! WHY JOIN THE PINETREE PTA? HERE ARE SOME GOOD REASONS...
IT IS GOOD FOR YOUR CHILDREN ...
* Showing your children you value their education will teach them to value it as well. You are their role model!
* PTA supports and funds some of your children's classroom special programs, enrichment programs (art/music/drama), family events, and field trips.
* Many of the fun parts of going to school, like the Fall Carnival, Spring Dance and Free Family Events are put on by PTA!
IT IS GOOD FOR YOU ...
* The Pinetree community is full of amazing, diverse people all with one thing in common ... our children. Take advantage of this opportunity to socialize and build relationships with the people your child is in contact with every day!
* The most important reason is that you'll have a say and a forum to share your ideas. As a member you are welcome to come to any or all meetings that are held. However it is not mandatory to attend, it is voluntary.
* Anyone can join! PTA is an extraordinary group of moms, dads, grandparents, advocates, principals and teachers.
IT IS GOOD FOR THE SCHOOL ...
* PTA plays an important role in fundraising to provide the extras that help make our school so special.
* Your role as a member is very important to help our school acquire key resources, encourage student achievement, and enrich the learning
Membership Forms will be going home in your school welcome packets or you can click HERE to visit our website and join the Pinetree PTA
Box Tops Summer Contest
We hope you have been collecting those box tops over the summer because the new class that brings in the most box tops the first week of school will when a Popsicle party. What better way to cool off after a very hot summer.
Restaurant Night - "Toppers Pizza Canyon Country"
Our first Restaurant Night fundraiser will be taking place on Tuesday, August 29th from 3:30pm-9:00pm at the Toppers Pizza located at 18417 Soledad Canyon Road. Take a night off from cooking and bring the family for some great food. 20% of sales goes to the Pinetree PTA. Make sure to bring your flier or mention it over the phone for delivery. Fliers will be going home this week or you can download one HERE
We're looking for three great volunteers to help fill chairperson positions we have open for the 2017/18 school year. The three positions we have open are Reflections Coordinator, 5th Grade Committee Chair and Holiday Shoppe Coordinator. These positions are only active for a couple weeks during the school year. If you're interested in volunteering for any of these positions or would like more information on them, please email: email@example.com reply back to this email. Thank you and let's make this the best school year for our Pioneers!
Important Upcoming Dates
08/14 (Mon) – First Day of School
08/14 (Mon) – PTA Welcome Social in MPR 7:45am
08/16 (Wed) – Coffee with the Principal in the office 8:00-9:00am
08/24 (Thurs) – PTA Meeting in the MPR 6:00pm
08/24 (Thurs) – Back to School Night 6:30-7:30pm
08/29 (Tues) – Restaurant Night - "Toppers Pizza" 3:30-9:00pm
09/01 (Fri) – Academic Olympics Fundraising Begins
09/04 (Mon) – No School - Labor Day
09/05 (Tues) – Band/Chorus Parent Info Night 7:00-8:00pm
09/08 (Fri) – Family Movie Night featuring "Sing" 5:30pm
09/13 (Wed) – Reflections Art Night 6:00pm in MPR
09/14 (Thurs) – Coffee with the Principal 2:30-3:30pm
09/15 (Fri) – Academic Olympics Event
09/22 (Fri) – PTA Meeting in the MPR 5:30pm
09/22 (Fri) – Ice Cream Social in the MPR 6:00pm
09/25 (Mon) – Harvest Festival Tickets go on Sale
Free Easy Ways to Help the Pinetree PTA
Keep checking out the “Easy Ways to Help” page on our website for free easy ways you can help the Pinetree PTA
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.